Add Google reCAPTCHA to WordPress Contact Form 7
In this Article, I’m going to show you how to integrate Google reCaptcha to Contact Form 7 in your WordPress site.
But before that we need to know that mostly wordpress users use the contact form 7 plugin for using form in the wordpress websites and Google reCAPTCHA is used for antispam protection.
Here are the below Steps to follow.
Step #1. Install the Contact Form 7 plugin (if not installed)
Download and install plugin from wordpress contact form 7
Step #2. Get the reCaptcha public and secret keys
To get started with reCAPTCHA, you need a Google account and to register your site for an API key pair.
.You need to generate keys for your domain:
- Go to the Go to Google’s reCAPTCHA admin page.
- Click the “Get reCAPTCHA” button
- Enter your site details such as label, domain and email owner:
Step #3. Integrate Google reCaptcha with Contact Form 7
- Go to the admin menu Contact > Integration.
- Find reCAPTCHA panel and click Configure Keys.
- Paste the key pair (that you generated from google Recaptcha) into the WordPress admin screen of the site
- save when you are done with above.
Step #4. Edit the contact form(in which Google Recaptcha need to add)
- Go to admin menu> Contact > Contact forms > Your form
- Paste this shortcode to render the reCaptcha field just before the submit button: [recaptcha]
Step #5. Embed the contact form in a page/post
- Go to Contact > Contact forms and Copy the shortcode of the form.
- Paste the shortcode of the form in any post and then in that Google reCAPTCHA will be shown.